F/S- 18"/17" wheel tire combo.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F/S- 18"/17" wheel tire combo.....

I'm thinking I want to move to a "shinier" wheel package. I bought these in March 2017 to participate in the TX Mile. These are U.S. Mag U111 wheels.

17x7- 4.75" bolt circle (std. Chevy) and a 4" backspace
    18x9.5- 4.75" Bolt circle and a 5.25" backspace

They have these "Y" rated (186 MPH) tires on them.

225/45R-17 Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position SL
    275/45R-18 Bridgestone Potenza RE050 SL

Tires and wheels are in excellent shape. I can keep the tires if you don't need them...I'll just order more of the same for new wheels.

I've got $1600+ in the whole package with mounting/balancing/metal stems etc. Looks like tires have gone up a lot since I got them...

Wheels/Tires together-$1250
    Wheels alone- $600

Prefer to sell in the DFW TX area rather than ship.

JIM
    Last edited by 540Hotrod; 06-22-2017, 11:22 AM.

That's a pretty good deal! Someone should be able to jump on it and get a nice set of wheels/tires. Good luck!

Comment

Hoping you find a buyer. Sharing on my fb feed. For someone looking for a set of tires/wheels, this is a good deal. And, they're speed tested!

Comment

My balancing guy is GOOD!!

JIM

Comment

SOLD!! Listed it on a local facebook page and my phone lit up almost immediately. Guy showed up this afternoon..said that's what I want and handed me full cash. My sort of sale! Now time to go shopping!

JIM

Comment

Great to hear. So, now that there's this somewhat empty spot in the overgrown field of tires at Jim's place.....

What are we looking at next? HMMMM?

Comment

Not sure. Doubt I'll run the TX Mile again any time soon...so don't really need 200 MPH tires. I did start to get used to the modern look and they sure drove nice....so if I go back to that then I'll look for similar wheels just shinier. Maybe try to find a little taller...but not too many 28" tires in 18's.....or 26's in 17's. Need like a 285/45-18 and maybe a 235/45-17. Hate to go to 20's and donk wheels....

Put the Cragar's back on tonight with the drag radials....like that look too!

JIM

Comment

Hmmm? Maybe we should throw up a bunch of photos of the different combos and let folks decide which ones you should use.

Or, do you just have dozens of sets of tires, not wheels? Can't remember now....

Comment

17" polished American TTs.they are timeless in my book.the larger diameter will give a newer look.still have go fast tires.
                  Every thing is going too fast and not fast enough. . Warren Oats a.k.a.."GTO" Two lane Blacktop..

Comment

I had 15" TTII's on it way back when. I actually liked them..they're shiny!! Lots of work to keep pretty though. Just like my old Welds on the Camaro I had to pull them off occasionally...roll them in the living room and sit down and polish them for a few hours while watching TV,

Chrome ones are easier....

JIM

Comment

LOL!

You can tell these are "vintage" photos from Jim. There's an air filter atop that engine!

Comment

LOL....back in the Dominator days. But she was always a cruiser! Didn't even have a rollbar back then!

She's held up well!

JIM

Comment

She's held up well!
                          Agreed! And, she's done okay for herself!

Comment

Working...
                          X