John Greenwood's Stingray Corvettes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Greenwood's Stingray Corvettes

Some wild cars and an equally wild personality!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-04-11_18-08-10.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	314.9 KB
ID:	4441
    While the '70s served as a low point for production Corvette performance, the upstart Greenwood racing team would elevate the Corvette to new heights through innovative designs that are still used to this day.

Know a guy that worked with John. He said he could drive a car and tell you WHICH tire was low, and by how much! Said he was a heck of a driver, and a super-smooth talker, but not much of a businessman. He'd have guys come into the shop wanting to kill him, and then by the time they left, he'd have sold them something!

Comment

That was a big deal when they started racing on street radials!

JIM

Comment

My 69' "Greenwood" Vette. 427 3x2 4-sp

Comment

I remember that one. You had a LOT of work in that body!!

JIM

Comment

Was that an Eckler's body package? I know they made a LOT of those body parts. In fact, I think that's what started the business. Those and the LeMans headlights for these cars.

Very cool car. How was it getting in and out of it with those extra barbs in the door jamb?

Comment

This is what it looked like when I 1st did it..Gold laquer with about 6 coats of clear laquer. Won the Autorama Modified Sports Car class '78 I think. Corvette guys hated the car. It was wrecked in front and back when I bought it. 427 390hp, 4 sp, AC, Tilt wheel, power windows, am/fm. originaly red. Getting in out was not a problem at all.

Comment

Sweet!

Nice mix on the wheels too. They match nicely with the body mods.

Comment

Disco Vette!!

JIM

Comment

Another real point to make here is, Can-Am packages are history now, But when Danny Built this car, it was modern cutting edge tech, he built this car in between running a successful auto shop and racing in Corsicana texas,
                    I remember going over to his shop and watching the build progress, he was building the same stuff, that was getting built in Hot Rod and Car Craft magazine, Corsicana who would of ever dreamed of it

Comment

He actually knew how to do body work!!~

JIM

Comment

I had to do it myself. Couldn't afford it any other way.

Comment

Working...
                        X