No announcement yet.

sold a mustang

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Because Starliners weren't cool 20 years ago!

JIM

Comment

I ALWAYS thought they were cool. Just couldn't afford 'em!

Comment

Larry had that thing for years and couldn't give it away. Was a great car....red and clean. And HUGE!!

Now we'd all like to have it with a SOHC in it!

JIM

Comment

tell ya what, I'll lower the bar quite a bit. I'll take one with a regular ol' FE motor in it!

Comment

Originally posted by 540Hotrod View Post
            I've still got my '88 LX 5.0 I bought new!

Roy's sat out on HWY 22 for some time. Larry was talking about it...not sure where it went.

That's the white one right? I thought it was a 390/406 tri-carb deal??

JIM
            I recall he had 2 cars , one was a 63 with a 406 and the other was a 63 1/2 but don't recall what motor it had ...I do know that he had a 427 side oiler at his house and was going to use it in the 63 1/2 .. Roy told me he ordered it while he was working at the ford house ( some time before I started working there in 73 ) He did have a early Vet inline six he was keeping upstairs at the ford house .. About twenty years ago I told a friend about that Vet motor and he went out to Texas and got it from Roy ..My friend had a early 50s Vet and needed the motor .. I saw the motor when he got back with it from TX .. It looked just like it did all those years ago .. 3 side draft Webbers and all ... After checking the numbers it was a replacement block but the head was right as well as the Carbs .. My friend is in his late 80s and never going to restore the car so he gave it to his 2 sons that have been friends of mine for the last 35 years ...He also gave them a early Shelby GT350 , white with blue stripes and unrestored but in very nice shape .. He had it stored at his house since the early 70s ..

Comment

I remember seeing a 428 Cobra Jet in a crate at the Ford house back then. As a side note I liked the Boss 429 in a crate that Don Garlits still has at the Museum.

JIM

Comment

Originally posted by 540Hotrod View Post
                I remember seeing a 428 Cobra Jet in a crate at the Ford house back then. As a side note I liked the Boss 429 in a crate that Don Garlits still has at the Museum.

JIM
                I seem to remember that 428 CJ motor .. If I remember right the guy ordered two of them... Buddy was running 428s in his wreckers back then ...

Comment

Originally posted by Lee Pritchard View Post

I recall he had 2 cars , one was a 63 with a 406 and the other was a 63 1/2 but don't recall what motor it had ...I do know that he had a 427 side oiler at his house and was going to use it in the 63 1/2 .. Roy told me he ordered it while he was working at the ford house ( some time before I started working there in 73 ) He did have a early Vet inline six he was keeping upstairs at the ford house .. About twenty years ago I told a friend about that Vet motor and he went out to Texas and got it from Roy ..My friend had a early 50s Vet and needed the motor .. I saw the motor when he got back with it from TX .. It looked just like it did all those years ago .. 3 side draft Webbers and all ... After checking the numbers it was a replacement block but the head was right as well as the Carbs .. My friend is in his late 80s and never going to restore the car so he gave it to his 2 sons that have been friends of mine for the last 35 years ...He also gave them a early Shelby GT350 , white with blue stripes and unrestored but in very nice shape .. He had it stored at his house since the early 70s ..
                  Wow! They ARE still out there. Good to hear that they've not all been snatched up and converted to auction queens, primped up to look great under those bright lights.

Comment

Working...
                  X