JEGS Rant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JEGS Rant

I've had several poor experiences with them this year. They do fine IF they have it in stock. But the shipping dates for anything listed that isn't in stock never pan out. I went through it with them on some wheels earlier this year...then the tilt steering column fiasco and now it's trying to get some Cometic head gaskets. The site said they'd be shipped 12/4 when I ordered them. No word from them until I called this week. They said they had been shipped from Cometic to them and I'd have them either Friday or Sat.

I reminded them that I hadn't received any update e-mails or calls about them being delayed...then all of a sudden I get updates.

Latest one says they shipped on Friday and I might get them on Tuesday.

Not a terrible deal because I don't have my heads yet...but it IS terrible customer service.

I like Summit much better these days, but I'll admit I don't like paying sales tax now that they are in the state. That can push me to buy from Jegs when shipping is free too.

OK...rant over. And BTW- Summit didn't have the Cometic gaskets either...but Jeg's theoretically did.

JIM

Frustrating for sure. It's amazing. I've ordered some stuff from Asia and it got here in under 7 days. I know it came from overseas cuz I couldn't read a cursed word of the shipping label except for my address. That's probably why it made it to me. They wouldn't have known where to send it BACK to!

I've used both, and admit that I've never had issue with Summit. Someone told me that Amazon sells a LOT of car parts, Not sure if they offer Cometic gaskets or not though.

Comment

I've bought some regular car parts off Amazon before. Sometimes you find incredible deals.

JIM

Comment

I ordered two drag slicks from them , both showed in stock and ready to ship ... So I few days later I get one slick .. I call and ask where the other one was at .. They said at another storage location and it was on it way ... 3 days later 2 more slicks show up ... AND they charged me for 3 slicks !!! I had to send one back and wait weeks before they credited my card back .. I told them they owed me something for my troubles and they sent me a 10 dollar gift card ... 10.00 bucks !!! really !!! what the hell can I buy from them for 10.00 bucks ...

Comment

Hey...they sent me a $25 one today!! In fact they sent me $50 for the steering column mess......but I'd prefer to have had the parts.

JIM

Comment

I wonder how much $$$$ is given away as gift cards each year to make up for this type of situation. That said, does it equal less than it would cost them to do it right and have the stuff in stock and ship?

I think I've figured out that gift cards aren't to give you something for $10, $25 or whatever amount, they are intended to put TOWARD your NEXT PURCHASE that will obviously cost more than said gift card. If you don't buy from them, not perk and their good will didn't cost them a thing. Shady misfits!

Comment

No doubt.....they know you'll spend $100 to get the free shipping!!

JIM

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	1
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	5012

Name:	
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	5013

Name:	
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	5014
                Guess what? My gaskets got here! Box bent nearly in half!! And so are gaskets! No support in box for protection. Not installing them on my engine.

Jegs quickly agreed to issue a call tag, had nothing else in stock close....and they agreed to credit my card before these arrive back to them.

But I'm still without gaskets. Summit and Jeg's don't have anything, Called Reher-Morrison...they only have larger bore stuff. Brodix doesn't stock the thicker ones.....

While it would probably work to use the larger bore ones, I hate to give up any head gasket sealing area I don't have to.

So called Cometic directly and having them made. Of course it's the Holidays...so likely won't get made until the end of next week...which means I won't get them until after the New Year.

Note to self...if it's not in stock...go directly to MFG and get them. Costs a little more but they might actually arrive!

JIM

Comment

Wow! Sorry to hear that. So, whose neck should you wring, the folks at Jeg's who packed it and felt it was "good 'nuf" or the guy at FedEx that felt he could use that little box as a buffer so the 60" television didn't get damaged? Saw your post on the precision seating of valves to make power. Just imagine of these guys used even a fraction of that commitment. Sorry to see that you'll have to wait for new gaskets.

Comment

WOW unbeleivable

Comment

WOW! To bad someone on hear does sell speed parts and can compete with Jegs and Summit! OH Wait The is!

Comment

speaking of competing, Is there a Brand New ultra-modern NAPA store coming to a great location on 7th avenue in Corsicana about to happen????

Comment

Trying, Bank approved loan for inventory Friday. Now it goes to SBA. Bank thinks it's a pretty well done deal. Waiting..The guy that is going to build them building and lease it to me is moving along S__L__O__W__L__Y.
                          He was hoping to break ground in March, but probably going to be more like mid to late April..

Comment

That is fantastic news!!!!! Your business will more than likely improve 50 times over, that is a great location!!! RIP Charlie Cantrell, lots of muscle cars came of that lot!!!
                            Yeah I can picture now, Lot full of customer cars, car shows, all your employees wearing matching napa uniforms, open 7 days a week, its going to be great!!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X