Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email I received today!

Hello Danny,

The Chevy Truck communications team has received a request from a reporter at Popular Mechanics to speak with a Chevy Truck Legend with more than a million miles to discuss tips and advice on how they have kept their truck in such great shape.

We immediately thought of your Truck Legends profile knowing you have a truck in great condition with high mileage and you have experience working on Chevy pickups as service manager.

The reporter has a tight deadline and would like to speak with you today or tomorrow if possible. This would be a brief phone call with the reporter to talk about your experience.

Would you be interested in speaking with a reporter from Popular Mechanics about your trucks and upkeep process? If so, can you share your phone number allowing the reporter to contact you along with grant us the permission to contact you?

Please let us know if this is something you would be interested in.

Thanks,
    Chevy Truck Legends Team

http://www.chevytrucklegends.com/us/en/gallery.html
    Attached Files
    Last edited by My-SS; 09-11-2017, 09:54 PM.

Wow. That's pretty cool!

So, how bout a little bit of info on the truck in question... Million miles? Really?!!!!!!

Comment

• My-SS
      My-SS commented
      Editing a comment
      1973 Chevy C10 Cheyenne Super. Stepside, Short wheel base. Factory 454. Bought in 1976. Drove back and forth to work until 2000. At least 100 miles a day 5 or 6 days a week. At one time it had a '69 Vette 400 horse 427 w/3 2's on it. It now has a 454 with a mild cam in it now, with a 850 quadrajet carb. And a 700r4 with a police valve body that will shift into 4th at WOT. Has a speedo out of a '70 Z//28 (150 MPH), that has been pegged more times than I like to admit. Chevy told me many years ago the is less than 5 trucks built like this on in '73.

• C5rider
      C5rider commented
      Editing a comment
      That IS pretty cool. The fact that you've kept it all those years makes it REALLY cool. Thanks for sharing its story.

• C5rider
      C5rider commented
      Editing a comment
      That IS pretty cool. The fact that you've kept it all those years makes it REALLY cool. Thanks for sharing its story.

That's cool. They are going to freak when you tell the history of that truck! Don't forget the 427/Tripower days!!

JIM

Comment

• My-SS
      My-SS commented
      Editing a comment
      They mostly just wanted to know how I keep it going that long. and how I sourced discontinued parts. Popular Mechanics isn't really into hotrodding that much. Gonna be in the double issue Dec/Jan.
Working...
X