Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lots of views..not many new stories or builds. C'mon...fess up folks!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots of views..not many new stories or builds. C'mon...fess up folks!!

Time to give up some tales and build details!

JIM

Yeah! What HE said!

Comment

Larry, Danny, Paul, and everyone else.....this is BENCHRACING...time to tell all the wouda-couda-shouda stories!

JIM

Comment

Hell theres over a hundred members, cmon!!!

Comment

If I had a more exciting life, I might have something to contribute. But, I DO enjoy hearin' what everyone else was/is doin!

Comment

OK i'll chime in ... My first roadrunner ( B5 blue and white top ) 383 four speed 391 gears ... When I got the car it came with a 383 two barrel motor in the engine bay and another 383 block with a set of heads in the trunk ... I rebuilt the 383 that was in the trunk , it had some flat tops with valve pockets ... I didn't know at that time why it had valve pockets in the pistons .. The heads looked pretty good so I used them ... Turned out they were 67 GTX closed chamber heads .. The short block in the trunk had a Isky cam in it so I left it in place , I added a 10 10 milling crank kit and tossed to all together .. Hell did that 383 run !!! It had a Edlebrock intake DP4B ( duel plane ) and what looked like a old 780 Holley .. One night I went to blooming Grove to race a guy that had a 427 four speed and 411 gears 69 El Camino that was told to me was one of the fastest cars around ..The Roadrunner laid that 427 to waste .. Those guys swore I had a hemi so I had to open the hood and show them.. At the time I had not clue why it ran so well , but years later building nothing but mopars I found out why ... Those flat top where only 15 thou below deck and with the closed chamber 67 440 heads the car must have had at least 11.5.1 compression .. The cam specs were 296 504 Hyd lift ...Paired with a set of long tube hooker headers made a killer combo ... I didn't plan it and sure didn't know what the hell I was doing , it just worked out and I got very lucky ..

Comment

El camino, denise hasseys daddy, tailbgate filled w cement!!!!

Comment

tailbgate filled w cement!!!!
                Whoa! Now I've heard of doing that at demos, but racin'? Guess if it helps keep the ol' Camino rear planted,

Comment

I cannot think of much that I did to improve racing. I have witnessed a lot of things though. When Dale Lake (headaches 67or 68 camaro), Jack Harris (Drifter camaro), Gene Grace (55 200 series), Ricky Flores ( 57 bel air) and Butch Warren (harley I think it was a knuckle head) all had a hot rod shop in the Dr.Pepper building on 1st and Beaton in Corsicana I was 14/15 years old. I watched Dale build a 396 out of junk parts. I am saying used pistons, bearings, used crank and even used head gaskets. I was thinking there is no way this is going to run. He cranked that thing up, it did not smoke, miss or knock. I could not believe it. He put it in the Headaches car went to 7 points and ran a high 7 second 1/8 mile. That was incredible, I could not ever make that work for me. I guess if you know what you are doing it does not take all new and expensive parts to make something run.

Jim/Andy,

This would be a good time for you guys to open up the conversation about the Chevy II. I wonder If how cheap we can get in the 10s with it?

DG

Comment

• Andy Bolig
                    Andy Bolig commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Email me some pictures and we'll put something together.

Sound good?

• Idrawcars
                    Idrawcars commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Andy/ Jim,

Is this the same Chevy II we were discussing at SEMA this past year? I still have a rough draft of it somewhere...was a name for it ever settled on?

• FastPast
                    FastPast commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, this is the same Nova. I've been pushing to call it the "Tetanus Shot-Rod" but not sure if that'll stick or not. Would love to see it become a forum "pet project" if you will. Donny's got a lot of plates spinnin' right now so we're putting it on the slow simmer for a little bit. But not too long! It's a car whose time has come! LOL!

10s is baby shit dude, my wore out poncho motor will put that 2300 pound deuce in the tens, set bar higher man!!! Lets put a real motor it!!!

A stroked 460 ford, tunnell ram, slipper clutch,
                  yeah that will be a real bumper dragger!!!

Comment

• Andy Bolig
                    Andy Bolig commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Care to sell said 460 for $900?

Gotta get a seat and at least a windshield with the remaining $$$.

LOL!

We've still got my "Bubba" 427. Standard bore, std crank.....tightest hole is .0075" and one is .0095"....been honed a few times! But she's a runner!!

JIM

Comment

wo wait theres a budget? I missed that?

Comment

• C5rider
                      C5rider commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOL!

Yup. There's been a LOT of talk about this little Nova. I'm hoping to be able to have the not-so grand reveal soon. But oh yeah! There's a budget! =)

Rtanner , No VW stories?
                    Every thing is going too fast and not fast enough. . Warren Oats a.k.a.."GTO" Two lane Blacktop..

Comment

Rtanner , No VW stories?

WAIT, WHAT!!!!! Rtanner !!!!! A Volkswagen!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

OK, here is my project.

Comment

Working...
                        X