Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lots of views..not many new stories or builds. C'mon...fess up folks!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey...looks like it's time to reassemble!! Time for a tunnel ram....8-71....something cool.

Oh yeah...Tanner was Mr VW for years (Larry still is!). Tanner and I raced each other weekly I think....him in the black bug and me in the Pinto. Every week it was a test to see who had done what.

They weren't fast enough to hurt ourselves....but there is no doubt they made us learn how to tune and work with/optimize what we had. We wore out LOTS of mid/late 70's era Z-28's/Trans Am's and Pickup trucks!

JIM

Comment

• Rtanner
      Rtanner commented
      Editing a comment
      truth!!! Btw me n KT were driving in c town sunday, I turned by the YMCA and gave KT a verbal recollection of how me are jim either one would drive either my bug or jims pinto to jims house, ok honey when we turned right here we would floor it, then halfway thru this corner hit second and snatch it sideways (if it was damp nice drift insued) then we would hit 3rd going into this corner and really start cooking, then it was hard on the brakes and slide up onto this street, then wide open all the way oxford street, then shut it down before jims mom and dad heard us coming, But they always heard us coming and so did everybody else within a mile radius of area,
      Boy wish I could do that just one more time!!!!!

They weren't fast enough to hurt ourselves....
    I think that was a valuable aspect of the learning process. Today, cars START at HP levels that we dreamed about. They've also got a slew of other nannies riding along to make the driver look better. But a short YouTube visit shows that even if you make something idiot proof...

But, I've said it before, you CAN have a LOT of fun with a sub-400hp car. I'd love to start a racing class with something akin to a Fiat 500 or similar car today. Have a well-rounded car for autocross, open-track and the 1/4-mile. That way, it'd be harder to build a ringer out of the chute and remain competitive. Limit the mods and make the drivers earn it. I think it would be fun.

But, getting back on topic, and as this thread shows, someone would interpret the white spaces in the rule book to include something not directly mentioned. That'd be the fun of it!

And,

Hey...looks like it's time to reassemble!! Time for a tunnel ram....8-71....something cool.
    You know, There's got to be a couple of engines sitting around somewhere, and, Donny's got that nice, big shop over there with a LOT of concrete space. you dug up that big block from down in the pit yet? LOL!

IF we were to do something like that... What WOULD we focus on. I mean, IF we WERE to do something like that?

Comment

Hey... I still have my Pinto!!!

JIM

Comment

• C5rider
        C5rider commented
        Editing a comment
        On a side note, my sister just got a Mustang with the Eco-boost four in it. Not a bad little ride! I could imagine that a Pinto with one of those things would be a load of fun! It's on the notepad!!!!! We need to do it!
    Working...
    X