X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Rallye 350 F85 350 M21 3.91 car

Always wanted one and finally got one

Cool car!

How close was the W-31 package to the Rallye 350? I had a friend who had a W-car convertible. Always wondered what that was.

So, how bout some info about YOUR car!

LOL!

Comment

Those cars get very little coverage, They are so few and far between, However it has to be THE the Best jr muscle cars ever created, the high impact color, the racing stripes and graphics are perfect, giant functional Ram Air Hood, The olds body color Ralley wheels are some of the best ever, the custom factory steering wheel is arguably the best factory wheel of the muscle car area, and a lot companys scrimped and used the base int in their jr super cars, Hell Olds don't know what a base int is, that ralley 350 int is outstanding, hurst shifter standard for automatic and 4 speed, posi standard, 3.91s standard, sway bars standard, Hell of a lot of car!!!!1

Comment

• Rtanner
        Rtanner commented
        Editing a comment
        oh and a wing

Well the W-31 package was separate from the Rallye 350 option in 70 , both are 350 cars but the W-31 had the giant cam and bigger valve heads, aluminum intake and lower gears , no AC option etc..

Appearance wise both got the ram air hood and wing etc.. but the Rallye 350 was the only small block car to get the trumpet tips with the cuts outs on the bumper plus the body color instead of chrome. All the W-31 cars or any other 350 car that wasnt a Rallye can only have the regular rear bumper. Normally only 455 cars have the cut outs like 442, H/O , SX etc

No Rallye 350 could have a W-31 option , none were built.. But... my car is optioned or lack of optioned as close to what a W-31 Rallye 350 would have been. light F85 bench seat post car, manual drum brakes , manual steering , posi 3.91 gear , 4 speed I did big W-30 455 valves in my 350 heads with a port job and using a higher ratio Ford stud mounted rockers to get more lift of the factory high lift cam so mine will be a decent runner.

Comment

• C5rider
        C5rider commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the info! Always wondered how special that car was, or wasn't.

• Pontiac Larry
        Pontiac Larry commented
        Editing a comment
        The Rallye is especially neat as it came with the SSII first time body colored wheels to compliment one year unique paint and decal bumper scheme plus came with the one year only Sport mirrors, came with the 442 sway bars, came with the Sport steering wheel, plus ram air and wing too . Optionally Dual Gate auto shifter , optional W27 alum rear . Base STD gear was 3.23 with optional 3.42 and 3.91 ... no highway gears came on any Rallye 350

This is what mine should look like and is my motivation

Comment

• Pontiac Larry
        Pontiac Larry commented
        Editing a comment
        I am gonna say that is way wrong LOL, WTF ..

• Rtanner
        Rtanner commented
        Editing a comment
        Man check that interior, ive had a lot of cool A-bodies, but olds interior is something else!!!!!

• Pontiac Larry
        Pontiac Larry commented
        Editing a comment
        and this is the bottom of the line model with a rubber floor mat !

Mine was off the road since the early 90's and I bought it nearly two years ago

Comment

• Pontiac Larry
        Pontiac Larry commented
        Editing a comment
        I paid much less that 5K and sold extra parts to cover most of my cost so at the end of the day I didnt have too much in the Rallye I have kept

• Rtanner
        Rtanner commented
        Editing a comment
        those 2 pics are the r larry is building

The part car that is now long gone and my frame and bumpers apart currently

Comment

• Rtanner
        Rtanner commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey look at the pic of the frame and rear Bumper,thats Larrys car in the garage, It is WAY better than the pile in these pics!!!!!

• Pontiac Larry
        Pontiac Larry commented
        Editing a comment
        I do have a piece of the quarter panel off the old wrecks parts car with the Rallye 350 decal on it as barn art and I also have the bent rear yellow bumper I was going to hang in the garage and hook up a radio to and light up the tail lights when its on

Comment

Man I like that car!!!!! Cant wait to see it banging gears!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X