70 Cutlass Cruiser flat top wagon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70 Cutlass Cruiser flat top wagon

Picked up this fine 98k mile barn stored 15 years wagon with some help from my brotha Tanner a year ago last July. Original 350 310 hp 10:1 engine (same as Rallye 350) needs rod bearings and freshening up but ran smooth and smoke free the day after I got it with just a battery and gas down its neck. A/C still turned on too. Perfect black seats , perfect dash, perfect headliner and perfect door panels. rare for a wagon Matador Red too ! Stuck my 11:1 455 street roller cammed Pontiac in it to get it running for track fun. Stuck a mini spool in the original 3.08 gear rear and a 10" converter and instant mid 12's two months after I pulled it out of the barn and on its first two passes ever were 12.7 and 12.6 at 4250# with A/C compressor up front and class III hitch in the rear, steel wheels and all. its got more in it too. It came with hub caps I rattle canned some SSIII for it
    Last edited by Pontiac Larry; 09-02-2016, 09:32 AM.

Now that looks like a ridiculously fun car!

Keep us posted as the times drop!

Comment

It initally went 8.0-8.1 in the 1/8th w the 12.6-12.7 but when I was trying my better pump and good regulator I got 7.9's all night at the 1/8th track and now I am puttng a full 1/2 supply instead of the old 3/8 and will reinstall the HV pump and a new HV regulator so hoping to see those times return while on 1/4 pass

Comment

Comment

you guys should of seen it sitting in that barn, 1.5 inches dust, red paint underneath, open the doors int was a time capsule, of course it was hard for me to pay much attention to it, it was surrounded by 442s, yeah I bought all the 442s except one LOL!

Comment

Comment

tough to keep up with supercharger lightweight Mustangs but out of the hole I did good

Comment

over revved low gear blowing my ET but best ever 60 foot 1.69

Comment

Comment

Wow. Pretty cool stuff. Reminds me of excavating my '32 Chevy from the barn.

Definitely looks a LOT better now! And sounds like it runs much better too!

Comment

That is so cool......

Who'd a thunk we'd be "jonesing" on Wagons years later? Was the Vista Cruiser the one with the little window on top? Those were neat as a kid when you go to ride in them.

Our family car from '66-'73 was a '64 Ford Country Squire wagon with the woodgrain on the side. 352", dual exhaust with crossover ( I remember helping my Dad install in in the dirt driveway after he ordered the whole system from Sears!).

JIM

Comment

Woodgrain AND a top-side view!

Click image for larger version

Name:	56252618-770-0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	110.6 KB
ID:	2110

Comment

I`m wanting one of those myself...would make a nice DD...
                          Every thing is going too fast and not fast enough. . Warren Oats a.k.a.."GTO" Two lane Blacktop..

Comment

There's one of those big late model wagons for sale near me.....looks nice.....jeez....what am I saying???

JIM

Comment

• C5rider
                              C5rider commented
                              Editing a comment
                              LOL! Too funny!!!!

But just imagine, an LSx with twin turbos? HMMM?

Ok, fellas a 70 olds, buick or Pontiac wagon that shows resemblance to a performance car is one thing, But you guys are getting way outta bounds right now, yall come on and swing back over towards normalcy now!!!

Comment

• C5rider
                              C5rider commented
                              Editing a comment
                              LOL...

Remember Rtanner, these things are OLD now! ( I know, when did THAT happen? Right? )
                          Working...
                          X