70 Cutlass Cruiser flat top wagon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They get about 25-26 mpg..
    Every thing is going too fast and not fast enough. . Warren Oats a.k.a.."GTO" Two lane Blacktop..

Comment

I did make it out one more time this year at Ennis in the wagon and on borrowed 235/60-15 MT drag radials I was able to finally get the 7.9's at Ennis like I got at Cedar Creek last year and that improved my 1/4 from 12.66 to a 12.54 to end the year. Also marks the end of the Poncho power in the wagon as it is getting back to Olds small block duty for general street use and my 455 Pontiac is getting some needed maintenance (freeze plugs) and maybe some upgrades before it goes into a 63 Catalina next year and back to track duty in the 11's hopefully

Comment

That's just crazy!! Congratulations!!

JIM

Comment

Thanks , exciting on several fronts

Comment

VERY cool!

Thanks for the update. Just goes to show that you don't have to have a "everybody wants it" car to have a LOT of fun! Keep it up!

Comment

Thanks. Once it is dent free and fresh painted I imagine the wagon will have broader appeal The 355 Olds going in is the Rallye 350 yellow cars engine as a break in of sorts . Big valves and head porting, 9.5:1 , high lift OEM cam with adjustable valve train .500" lift , forged pistons , headers , good exhaust , stall it will still be decent and maybe a 150 shot for fun.

Comment

yeah, but with the 150 shot, you will be punching guys in the nose again, and that 70 cutlass dude are whatever his name is over on the olds forum, will be crying for sure, when your small block olds, is punching his BB 442 in the nose!!!

Comment

This is how awesome Matador Red can look and really hope my wagon does one day and maybe a black W30 inspired stripe on the side of mine or the thinner base 442 style side stripe at least

Comment

yeah matador red is of the hook, im ordering some of the orange this week to jamb out my 442 and do my mirrors this week, resealing all the putty around firewall and cowl this week, taking a steamer home today to dooshe it real good, something will be painted this week

Comment

That will look great with the red and the black stripe! Keep us informed in this thread and also on the engine thread.

thanks for the update.

Comment

Working...
                      X