this is what i wanted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is what i wanted

This is what I wanted, Some of my favorite memorys, hanging out and riding around with our pal Clay Nicholson, that 442 was some comfortable, and if I remember about as fast as everything else, Till we modified it with to big a cam and to big a intake and to big a carb!!!! LOL..

Well this is what I got, thanks to Pontiac larry who found it for me!!!

Comment

71 real 442, green, white top, green interior, factory 455 4bbl dual exhaust, tach gauges, am/fm, 8 track, hurst his n hers shifter, exhaust trumpets thru bumper, bumper guards, ac,ps, pdb, pulled out of a barn along with dozen other assorted cars, including Pontiac larrys draggin wagin, yeah it will probly never get touched, but when I see it, or touch it, reminds me of good times and our pal Clay,

Comment

When did you get this???

There was Jeff's/Lee's '71 454SS Monte Carlo, Clay's 455/442, my '69 SS396 Chevelle. The Monte Carlo and the Chevelle ran pretty close to each other. Depended on who got traction. The Monte had cubes...the Chevelle had headers. Clay was always a little behind....but it was strong. Seems like Donald stuck 4.88's or something in it one time?? Monte got them too along with an LS-6 cam.

JIM

Comment

yeah I remembered it like that to always a tick slower, it was def faster stock than modified

Comment

Yep..we learned a little about those "Bottom of the page" cams didn't we??

JIM

Comment

Can`t beat an early GM full frame car. That`s why I`m keeping the GS.
              Every thing is going too fast and not fast enough. . Warren Oats a.k.a.."GTO" Two lane Blacktop..

Comment

Larry....need to post some pics of it. I mean hey...it's even got a Buick 8 track!!

JIM

Comment

He y TanMan, If you want to get rid of the rust without sand/media blast, I know how.

Comment

Brother im in on one!!! Lay it down to me???

Comment

Did this to my '70 AMX, ( I know, I'm a dumb ass). Took muratic acid, (BE SURE AND WHERE A PAINT RESPERATOR!!!) Where rubber gloves like dish washing gloves..(heavy rubber). Dip steel wool in the acid and jus start scrubbing on the car. Best to do it in the shade so it doesn't dry so quick. just keep it wet and keep scrubbing. Don't have to apply a lot of pressure. Soon all that surface rust starts to comes off. Heavier rust areas need to stay wet, put cloth soaked with acisd and let it sit a while. The steel wool will desove so buy 2 or 3 packs of it. When you stop or finish, rinse with water. Water kills muratic acid. Best to wipe down with a metal prep afterwards that contains phosphoric acid based, multi-purpose cleaner and conditioner for metal. This will put a protective coating on the bare steel that will last a while until you can prime it. If any rust comes back you can use the metal prep to wipe it off. I did the entire AMX in about 5 hours.

Comment

Now that's cool.

Sounds like the days we cleaned parts with MEK!!

JIM

Comment

BTW...yes you were a dumba$$ to sell it off!

JIM

Comment

that's great info, thanks Danny

Comment

Such love Jim. If I had feelings, You would make me cry..LOL

Comment

• Gracer
                                Gracer commented
                                Editing a comment
                                sorry Danny you are a dumba$$. with lots of love
                            Working...
                            X