New truck

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New truck

Yes Fotd .As. Life long Chevy guy I now find myself owning 4 Fords.Still waiting on #5.But that's another story.This started about a year ago.I have a Bud looking for a 55Chevy wagon.So I found him one not far from here.So we go chech one out.While hes looking at the wagon I see this F-100 setting next to it.I ask if it was for sale. He said it could be.So that day we didn't get the 55.After looking at 2-3 more 55s.my Bud wanted to go back and get the 55.So I make the deal for him and go go back to get it.So I see the 53 again Do now I can't get ot out of my mind. So after about a year I had to pull the trigger. So I had a chance to sell one of my VWs.That did it I had some mad money.So I go get the truck .It was partially apart when I got it.The rear end and leaf springs were out and the bed was off.After a couple of trips the truck made it home It came from California originally. So the body is pretty nice. It has a 302 from a 89 Mustang GT with aod automatic.It's been changed to a Edelbrock carb and manifold. Mallory ign.and shorty headers.
    Every thing is going too fast and not fast enough. . Warren Oats a.k.a.."GTO" Two lane Blacktop..

Every thing is going too fast and not fast enough. . Warren Oats a.k.a.."GTO" Two lane Blacktop..

Comment

I plan on giving it an altitude adjustment
      .springs shackles maybe a dropped axle.Maybe some paint touchup. Trying not to restore it.just make a good back truck and drive to a few local shows.Will keep the og 16"wheels for now paint detail and nrw tires.Bur American 200 S are in the works.Will keep you all posted.This puts the 40 on the back burner or it might eben have to leave.

Comment

This one I really like. Hope to see you get it running and functional. It's cool!

Congratulations!

JIM

Comment

Agreed! It is VERY cool.

Again, I am amazed on the cool, vintage tin that you guys are ferreting out down there in Texas. That thing is in great shape. Please do keep us updated as work progresses.

Being an '89 engine, that should have the goodies like a roller cam/lifters too. Funny thing, when my dad swapped in an '85 cam into his vintage 302, he learned he needed to also swap the firing order to that of a 351 Windsor engine. Seems Ford moved a few lobes around over the years. LOL.

Comment

Thanks guys.I have always liked old stuff or had old stuff.as most of you know.I would rather have a few old ones than one new one.I want to try to make the engine look old. That's sorta hatd to do with that big ol Mallory /GM dist.cap .Haven't decided what to do on that.Thinking about fitting a set of 292 '312 valve covers ovet the 302 ones.And I m going to take an old oil bath aircleaner and gut the insides to use a paper element.That still won't be exactly correct as 53 was the last year gor the flathead.54 first year for Yblock.I think it will ne fun to try to trick some people at shows.I've seen it done and you habe to look twice.I'm anxious to get started.Then the GS is on deck. I have a remodel project in my shop to do to make a spot for the Buick.Now to sell off a few more VWs.

Comment

great truck!!! and yes that is the very popular gm hei top on a ford bottom, they are great, but yes, do not look vintage in any way, a good combo would be, rebuilt point distributor, a yellow coil painted black, and a hidden msd 6 under dash, or one of the cheap summit boxes, they are very good also

Comment

saw it in person Thursday, its incredible, sooooooo close to being driven, I brought carb home, going thru it and returning next week, at hat point it will crank and run, still have to have some suspension stuff, but it will be running

Comment

Working...
                X