Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips and Tricks to quicker shifting!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tips and Tricks to quicker shifting!

    Interesting video on how some of the big guys row through the gears


  • #2
    Fancy stuff......definitely a need for it as you go faster....



    JIM

    Comment


    • #3
      Didn't know about the electronics stuff. Well, I kinda did, but for motorcycles. Makes sense that they'd do something similar for cars.

      But as for transmissions going to "the dogs",,, well, I've driven one. And there's a guy on here that has one that clunks pretty hard when going for groceries. LOL!

      Comment


      • #4
        The strain gauges have been around for awhile. Some folks use rev limiter and let it bump it as you pull back on shifter...it will fall right in place. I'm still old school gar jamming so far...

        JIM

        Comment


        • #5
          https://youtu.be/Mkp_OtAGQ8Q 65 mill kill time ... Works for me lol ...

          Comment


          • #6
            different angle .... https://youtu.be/iaNXhtzJWY8

            Comment


            • #7
              ill will get pics later, but for us regular transmission guys, the old bock of wood taped to bottom of clutch pedal (what I use on my 69FB) that limits the amount of distance traveled when pushing the clutch down, works pretty good, I keep saying one of these days, im going to get high class and drill a hole thru the clutch pedal and put in an adjustable clutch stop, but I wont, the 2x4 taped on matches the rest of the junk piles appearance!!!!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Rtanner View Post
                ill will get pics later, but for us regular transmission guys, the old bock of wood taped to bottom of clutch pedal (what I use on my 69FB) that limits the amount of distance traveled when pushing the clutch down, works pretty good, I keep saying one of these days, im going to get high class and drill a hole thru the clutch pedal and put in an adjustable clutch stop, but I wont, the 2x4 taped on matches the rest of the junk piles appearance!!!!
                Rtanner
                Anything inside the trans or just a block of wood on the pedal?

                Comment


                • #9
                  That's some pretty slick shiftin' Lee Pritchard !!!

                  That one video you can see there's NO movement on the throttle hand through the whole run! Safe to assume you're not using any of those fancy timing retard-ers to shift? Didn't hear one.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Lee Pritchard View Post
                    https://youtu.be/Mkp_OtAGQ8Q 65 mill kill time ... Works for me lol ...
                    9000rpm water burn out!!!! Lee you are still the man!!!! and holy ____that run looked scary fast!!!!!!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by C5rider View Post

                      Rtanner
                      Anything inside the trans or just a block of wood on the pedal?
                      block of wood under clutch pedal to limit travel of leg and pedal, trans is totally stock as born 69 Muncie, shifts like butter, ( oh BTW it does have 0W motor oil for fluid instead of 90 weight gear oil) Don't tell anybody,
                      Oh and it does have a hurst super shifter with 1 inch throws grafted to a stock shifter handle and boot, so its all still stock, Corsicana stock!!!!!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Strain Gauge???? hhhmmmmm, im thinkn I want a Strain Gauge,

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Rtanner View Post
                          Strain Gauge???? hhhmmmmm, im thinkn I want a Strain Gauge,
                          I had a strain gauge. Blew a breaker in it one time lifting something too heavy. Don't wanna ever do THAT again!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X