Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cheating in plain sight, or is it really cheating???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have already installed cal-tracs on the Bird. May ride a little stiff but that want keep me from driving the hell out of it. IF I ever get my block! tears?

Comment

Cal Tracs work !!
      http://bench-racer.com/filedata/fetc...278&type=thumb

Comment

got a pic somewhere of the 69 fbird at seven points, pulling the front wheels, with no traction devices, (you can see) looking for it now

Comment

Well, Donnie brings up my throwing the alternator belt in first gear trick, the word he used was cheat, GRIN, and he was ragging on me pretty good to another guy there, about my 15 horsepower cheat, and how every body else would just put a toggle switch on alternator trigger wire and just flip a switch,
          Well I'm old enough now, and am still a 13 second guy living in a 8 second world, so any secret I have used is totally irrevelent now, so I will share, even though I never have in the past
          I looked at Donnie and calmly said, yes ive done the alternator cut out switch many times,
          But Throwing the belt in 1st gear also gets the water pump!!!!! which is another 10-15 hp!!!!!!!!! You could see light bulb go off!!!!! LOL!!!!
          Man we really had some fun with cars back then!!!!!!

Comment

Well dirty tricks done dirt cheap ... I used my windshield washer pump to pump ATF fluid into a vacuum port on my holley carb to make other guys think my motor was shot .. Missing and blowing smoke like a blown motor I would ask if they wanted to race .. worked every time

Comment

Man, you guys were full of Aces in the hole! Never thought of the water pump too. But then again, you weren't runnin any 500 milers, right?

Comment

We didn't have much power...had to make do with what we had!!

My 'ole 5.0 'Stang one more street races than my 427 N20 Camaro because it didn't look fast. It only ran 12.90's...but in '88-90...that was scootin' before lots of cool parts for Ford hit the market.

Worked hard on little stuff to make it happen. Camaro had same stuff....and it ran well (high 9's on the juice).....but was a lot harder to get a race.

JIM

Comment

Originally posted by 540Hotrod View Post
                  We didn't have much power...had to make do with what we had!!

My 'ole 5.0 'Stang one more street races than my 427 N20 Camaro because it didn't look fast. It only ran 12.90's...but in '88-90...that was scootin' before lots of cool parts for Ford hit the market.

Worked hard on little stuff to make it happen. Camaro had same stuff....and it ran well (high 9's on the juice).....but was a lot harder to get a race.

JIM
                  Well, there's that. AND the fact that you all likely had more time to diddle on the little things, right? Lately, it feels like I'm heardin' cats WHILE spinnin' plates on sticks. And they're putting the sticks farther and farther apart! LOL.

Comment

Working...
                  X