• Show
Clear All

• 1140 RWHP 'Vette!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dyo.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	155

Here's a video of my 555" Vette with a couple of "little" Borg Warner EFR series turbos. This was on pump gas (91 octane) with around 15 psi of boost and using a Snow Performance kit with -20* windshield washer fluid to kep the non-intercooled inlet temps under control. We decided to stop there while all the rods were still in it...but I'm sure there's plenty more if I turn up the wick a little!

JIM

1140 hp ????? You could have gotten 1200 hp, no guts.

Comment

I know....was taking it easy on it!

JIM

Comment

Originally posted by 540Hotrod View Post
        I know....was taking it easy on it!

JIM
        Well, THAT would be a first! LOL!

Comment

Well I don't know what the hp is on my 65 vette but I do have an et. 12.20 @115 in pure street trim. 2.60 sixty foot, going thru the traps around 7300 rpm. I think that is not too bad for a little 383 with small roller cam, aluminum heads, wide ratio 4 speed and 3.36 gears. Nice little daily driver if i need it to be. As soon as I figure out how to upload pictures I will post one

Comment

Originally posted by 540Hotrod View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]n155[/ATTACH]

Here's a video of my 555" Vette with a couple of "little" Borg Warner EFR series turbos. This was on pump gas (91 octane) with around 15 psi of boost and using a Snow Performance kit with -20* windshield washer fluid to kep the non-intercooled inlet temps under control. We decided to stop there while all the rods were still in it...but I'm sure there's plenty more if I turn up the wick a little!

<embed width="460" height="380" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://v8.tinypic.com/player.swf?file=35alylu&s=8">

JIM
            What size turbos? I know those tires hate you lol.

Comment

They're Borg Warner EFR 91/80's. They have a 68mm wheel. Integral wastegates and blow off valves. They're on T3 Housings...so I'm a little scared to measure backpressure! But they light off quickly on the street and run pretty good.

JIM

Comment

Working...
              X