Got more tires!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got more tires!!

Sticky little mothers!! I'm going to try some Hoosiers. Word from the stick racers are the sidewalls are even stiffer than my old M/T SS (stiff) slicks and they work great to hold the power on a heavy car. These dudes pick up gravel rolling them on the driveway dead cold!

We'll see.

JIM

LOL!

"Welcome to Jim's Used Tire Emporium! Don't bother measuring tread. They didn't have any when we started!"

One thing that I've been interested in watching, is how your car's "tune" has changed throughout this entire process. Your stash of tires alone can attest to the various changes, but even drag racing on a chassis that was tested and tried, you're still honing it in to get the right combination for the additional power. Just goes to show that there's more to it than simply adding bosst!

Good luck on the new tires, and let us know how they work!

Comment

• Rtanner
      Rtanner commented
      Editing a comment
      the skill and desire to do that, was honed at an early age, when he was having to race camaros, gto, ss monte carlos, and 442s with a pinto, and always doing well because of the constant honing of car and driver

No doubt. Once I get a handle on what I have...THEN I'll crank some boost into it!!

JIM

Comment

Tires, LOL!!!!! hey ill test you my spots at pate bring the xtra ones, with a price tag on em, ill collect your money when they fly of the shelf!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 540Hotrod View Post
        Sticky little mothers!! I'm going to try some Hoosiers. Word from the stick racers are the sidewalls are even stiffer than my old M/T SS (stiff) slicks and they work great to hold the power on a heavy car. These dudes pick up gravel rolling them on the driveway dead cold!

We'll see.

JIM
        This is true, do not use aluminum lug nuts, the bite has actually has ruined them, letting them work loose,

Comment

Working...
        X